Undu Ngutor BSU/VTE/M.SC/12/3740 Assingment 1
Post date: Mar 29, 2014 10:18:32 AM
VTE 702 CUIRRULUM DEVELOPMENT IN VTE
RESPONSES TO GROUP 1 PRESENTATION, POSTED BY
NAME: UNDU NGU TOR
REG. NO: BSU/VTE/M.Sc/12/3740
Steps in curriculum development
1. Curriculum can be referred to as defined, prescribed and documented course of studies which is required to be fulfilled by students before passing a particular level of education.
2. Individuals trained under an area of specialization such as mine (electronics Technology) should be capable of troubleshooting and carrying out maintenance on electronics (e.g radio, television, computer system etc).
3. Ten (10) experiences to be exposed to by an individual trained as an electronic technician or technologist are:
(a) Theoretical knowledge of electronic devices and components
(b) Design of circuits (e.g Rectifier circuit)
(c) Constrution of circuits
(d) Troubleshooting faulted electronic systems
(e) Dismantling of electronic systems (e.g Radio)
(f) Mantling back a dismantled electronic system
(g) Carrying out maintenance on a troubleshooting system.
(h) Installation of electronic system
(i) Networking (with regards to computer technicians)
(j) Soldering (using soldering iron and lead)
4. Five (5) challenges affecting curriculum planning in VTE and Technical Education are:
1. Lack of experts to plan
2. Inadequate facilities
3. Government policies
4. Lack of equipment/machines
5. Lack of qualified teachers to teach.