LADI ENEFU: BSU/VTE/M.Sc/12/3746
Post date: Feb 24, 2014 9:36:36 PM
1. Curriculum refers to all the learning experiences and activities provided by an educational or training institution.
2. Individuals trained under automobile technology should be capable of doing the following:
- Work in a safe working condition (know and apply all the safety rules in automobile shop.
- Work efficiently with common tools in Automobile shop.
- Carry out routine service inspection.
- Carry out corrective maintenance on automobile vehicle
- Test drive a vehicle
- Use computerized machines to diagnose and correct fault on automobile vehicle
- Identify all road traffic and safety signs
- Test and lubricate engine and other major components
- Repair and replace worn parts before they cause breakdown that could damage critical components of the vehicle.
- Use variety of tools – power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, machine tools like lathes, jack and hoist, common hand tools such as spanners, screw drivers wrenches etc.
- 3. Experiences that the individuals should be exposed to in order carry out the task stated above include:
- Safety precautions and safety equipments in automobile shop
- Uses of common tools in automobile shop
- Carburetor repairs, engine serving and repairs etc.
- Valve re-facing and re-grinding, engine re-conditioning and testing.
- Driving techniques, qualities of a good drivers
- Use of computerized machines
- Road signs, traffic regulations, traffic control and institutional bodies (VIO, Road Safety Commission etc.)
- Engine component, valve and ignition timing, lubrication system lubricants etc.
- Injector testing and repairs.
- Uses of power tools e.g. pneumatic wrenches, machine tools like lathe, sack, hoist etc.
- Poor planning
- Inadequate resource allocation
- Poor governance practices
- Poor implementation