IORSULA, TERHILE BSU/VTE/M.SC/12/3734
Post date: Mar 31, 2014 8:49:42 AM
RESPONSES TO GROUP C PRESENTATION
What principles best define curriculum evaluation in TVET?
The principle that best define curriculum evaluation is the principle of merit and worth. The proponent of this principle is Guba and LInkoln (1981). The merit signifies that the evaluation must have value that is implicit and independent of any implications. The principle of worth is the value with reference to a particular context or specific application.
What curriculum evaluation models are most effectives for TVET?
The curriculum models that are best effective for TVET are:
1. Behavioural objectives model by Bobbit and Charters.
2. Decision-making model by Lewis (1981).
3. The electric approach model.
4. The context, input, process, product (IPP) model by Phi-Delta Kappa Committee (1971) chaired by Daniel Shuffle bean.
5. The responsive model which is about reporting the success and the failure of the programme.
6. The Goal-free model which encourages the evaluator not to be influence or biased by the rhetoric of the programme developers goal statement.
What criteria should be used to develop a curriculum evaluation model in TVET?
The following are criteria to be used for an effective curriculum evaluation model in TVET:
1. A model that cover the scope of the programme in terms of meeting the needs of all the individuals who need and desire occupational training.
2. A model that makes useful distinctions between merit (intrinsic value) and worth (value for a given context).
3. Makes provision for the validity of the curriculum content and the teaching procedures in terms of their ability to meeting vocational objectives of the programme.
4. School be sensitive to and makes appropriate provision for assessing unintended effects.
5. Should be sensitive to and make provision for assessing the aesthetic or qualitative aspects of the curriculum.
6. Should makes provision for obtaining follow-up information in order to establish the degree of effectiveness of the programme.
7. It should be applied to all levels of curriculum programs of study, fields of study and course of study.
8. Presents findings in reports responsive to the special needs of several audiences.
How can learning experiences be organised for effective instruction in TVET?
Learning experiences can be organised for effective instruction in TVET by setting the project parameter, selecting the project direction and evaluation task force, and preparing the evaluation documents. Maximise time on purposeful instructional tasks and establish routines rules known by all students.
How can the effectiveness of learning experiences in TVET be evaluated?
The effectiveness of learning experiences in TVET can be evaluated thus:
1. With comprehensive description of the community and the students body.
2. With a random selection of students schedules course guide for all courses offered.
3. With a comprehensive learning goals.
4. With appropriate methods that employ attitude scales and simulated situations requiring an attitudinal response.
How can a field of study be evaluated?
The field of study can be evaluated in the following phases:
1. Preparing for the evaluation
2. Assessing the context
3. Identifying the evaluation issues.
4. Developing the evaluation design
5. Implementing the evaluation design.
How can effective teaching in TVET be identified?
The effective teaching in TVET can be identified through instructional planning, instructional techniques, provides feedback to learners, community expectations to learners, manages behaviour, and maximizing instructional time.