IMBORIVUNGU, T. EMMANUEL BSU/VTE/M.SC/12/3728
Post date: Mar 30, 2014 5:20:39 PM
- What principles best define curriculum evaluation in TVET?
The principles that best define curriculum evaluation in TVET is the principle which states that curriculum evaluation is assessment of the merit and worth of a program of studies, a field of study, or a course of study
- What curriculum evaluation models are most effective for TVET?
The curriculum evaluation models that are effective for TVET are; Tyler’s objectives-centered model; Stufflebeam’s context, input, process, product model, Bradley’s effectiveness model.
- What criteria should be used to develop a curriculum evaluation model in TVET?
The following are the criteria to be used for an effective curriculum evaluation model inTVET:
1. Can be implemented without making inordinate demands upon district resources
2. Can be applied to all levels of curriculum—programs of study, fields of study, courses of study
3. Makes provisions for assessing all significant aspects of curriculum—the written, the taught, the supported, the tested, and the learned curricula
4. makes useful distinctions between merit (intrinsic value) and worth (value for a given context)
5. Is responsive to the special concerns of district stakeholders and is able to provide them with the data they need for decision making
6. Is goal oriented, emphasizing objectives and outcomes?
7. Is sensitive to and makes appropriate provisions for assessing unintended effects
8. Pays due attention to and makes provisions for assessing formative aspects of evaluation
9. Is sensitive to and makes provisions for assessing the special context for the curriculum?
10. Is sensitive to and makes provisions for assessing the aesthetic or qualitative aspects of the curriculum?
11. Makes provisions for assessing opportunity cost—the opportunities lost by those studying this curriculum
12. Uses both quantitative and qualitative methods for gathering and analyzing data
13. Presents findings in reports responsive to the special needs of several audiences
- How can learning experiences be organized for effective instruction in TVET?
Learning experiences can be organized for effective instruction in TVET by setting the project parameters, selecting the project director and the evaluation task force, and preparing the evaluation documents.
- How can the effectiveness of learning experiences in TVET be evaluated?
The effectiveness of learning experiences in TVET can be evaluated by;
A statement of the curriculum goals for that field
A comprehensive description of the community and the student body
A list of all required courses in that field, with time allocations and brief descriptions of each course
A list of all elective courses in the field, including time allocations, course descriptions, and most recent enrollment figures
A random selection of student schedules
Syllabi or course guides for all courses offered
Faculty schedules, showing class enrollments
Other materials, of course, will be required as the review gets under way, but the above-listed materials are important at the outset.
- How can a field of study be evaluated?
A field of study can be evaluated by; preparing for the evaluation, assessing the context, identifying the evaluation issues, developing the evaluation design, and implementing the evaluation design.
- How can effective teaching in TVET be identified?
The effective teaching in TVET can be identified through instructional planning, instructional techniques, provides feedback, communicates expectations, manages behavior, and maximizes instructional time.