IKYEGHTSEV, SIMON SAAWUAN BSU/VTE/M.SC/12/3732
Post date: Mar 31, 2014 11:45:13 AM
1. The best principles that best define curriculum evaluation in VTE are that of Guba and Linkoln (1981) principle and metric and worth.
2. The most effective curriculum evaluation models in TVET are:
i. Stake’s objectives:- centered model
ii. Tylers objective- centered model
3. The criteria to be used to develop curriculum model in VTE is (i) setting the project parameters (ii) selecting the project director (iii) evaluating the task force (iv) preparing the evaluating documents.
4. The learning experiences be organized for effective instruction in TVET with the following steps:
i. Setting the project parameters
ii. Setting the project director and evaluation task force
iii. Preparing the evaluation documentation.
5. Learning experiences can effectively be evaluated by formulating
i. A statement of curriculum goals for the field.
ii. A comprehensive description of the community and study body.
iii. A list of all required courses in the field, with time allocations and brief description of each course.
iv. A list of all required courses in that field including time allocations, course description and most recent enrolment figures.
v. A random selection of student schedules.
vi. A syllabi or course guide for all courses offered.
vii. Faulty schedule showing class enrolment.
6. The field of study be evaluated with the following:
i. Preparing for evaluation
ii. Assessing the context
iii. Identifying the evaluation issues
iv. Developing the evaluation designs
v. Implementing the evaluation design
7. Effective teaching in VTE can be identified by the major of academic growth of its students by carrying process evaluation. This requires the analysis of the entire performance and subsequent rating of that performances.