Atsar, Alfred Iorhemen
Post date: Mar 30, 2014 9:33:14 PM
1. The best defined principles of evaluation in TVET is written by assessing the value of a programme of study.
2. Evaluation models most effective for TVET are:-
i. Observation in natural situation
ii. Continuous assessment
3. The criteria needed to develop evaluation models in TVET is to identify the capabilities of teachers and the needs of the individual learners.
4. The criteria that should be used to develop a curriculum model in TVET are:
i. To use both qualitative and quantitative methods for gathering and analyzing data.
ii. To make provisions for assessing opportunity cost. The opportunities lost by those studying the curriculum.
iii. To make provisions for assessing all significant aspects of curriculum, the written, the taught, the supported, the tested and the learned curricular.
iv. Is good oriented, emphasizing objectives and outcomes.
v. It can be implemented without making inordinate demands upon district resources.
vi. It can be applied to all levels of curriculum programs of study, field of study, courses study.
vii. It is responsive to the special concern of district stake holders and it is able to produce them with the data they need for decision making.
viii. It is sensitive to make appropriate provisions for assessing unilateral effects.
1. 5. Learning experiences can effectively be evaluated by formulating
i. A statement of curriculum goals for the field.
ii. A comprehensive description of the community and study body.
iii. A list of all required courses in the field, with time allocations and brief description of each course.
iv. A list of all required courses in that field including time allocations, course description and most recent enrolment figures.
6. To evaluate a field of study the following stages of evaluation are recommended:-
i. State statement of educational policies and general aims of education.
ii. Production of evaluation plan
iii. Verify evaluation
iv. Implementation of the plan
v. Evaluation of pay off
vi. Follow up
7. The effective teaching in TVET can be identified by evaluation process, particularly, the formative evaluation.