AKOR ALANJI EMMANUEL BSU/VTE/M.SC/12/3744
Post date: Mar 30, 2014 9:02:06 PM
1. The best defined principles of evaluation in TVET is by assessing both merit and worth.
2. The most effective curriculum evaluation model in TVET is:
i. Stake’s objectives
3. The criteria needed to develop evaluation models in TVET is to identify the capabilities of teachers and the needs of the individual learners.
1. The criteria that should be used to develop a curriculum model in TVET are:
i. To make provisions for assessing all significant aspects of curriculum, the written, the taught, the supported, the tested and the learned curricular.
ii. It can be applied to all levels of curriculum programs of study, field of study, courses study.
iii. To use both qualitative and quantitative methods for gathering and analyzing data.
iv. To make provisions for assessing opportunity cost. The opportunities lost by those studying the curriculum.
vi. It is responsive to the special concern of district stake holders and it is able to produce them with the data they need for decision making.
vii. It is sensitive to make appropriate provisions for assessing unilateral effects.
viii. Presents findings in reports responsive to the special needs of several audiences.
ix. It makes useful distinction between merit and worth.
x. It s sensitive to and make provision for assessing the special context for the curriculum
4. The learning experiences be organized for effective instruction in TVET with the following steps:
i. Setting the project parameters
ii. Setting the project director and evaluation task force
iii. Preparing the evaluation documentation.
5 Effectiveness of learning experience
i. A random selection of student schedules.
ii. A syllabi or course guide for all courses offered.
iii. Faulty schedule showing class enrolment.
6. To evaluate a field of study the following stages of evaluation are recommended:-
i. State statement of educational policies and general aims of education.
ii. Production of evaluation plan
iii. Verify evaluation
iv. Implementation of the plan
v. Evaluation of pay off
vi. Follow up
7. The effective teaching in TVET can be identified by evaluation process, particularly, the formative evaluation.