Sohotshan,Patrick Yitmu Bsu/Vte/M.sc/12/3754
Post date: Mar 31, 2014 1:43:43 PM
ANSWERS TO GROUP (B) SEMINER QUESTIONS.
1. Three (3) National issues that commonly prompt to and changes in the curriculum in education system are:
(A) Political interest.
(B) Change in educational system.
(C) Solution to immediate national needs.
2. The various participants involve in educational reform and curriculum implementation of change includes:
Educational experts, curriculum experts, subject experts (teachers), advisory committee and interest groups.
3. Potential problems and areas of conflict that may arise from formulation and implementation of change in curriculum are:
i. Political interest.
iii. Non involvement of professional teachers.
iv. Cost of formulation and implementation of curriculum.
v. Not meeting the societal needs
vi. Curriculum not implemented towards the learners needs.
4. Ways of managing/dealing with conflict and areas of conflict may include the following:
-There should be fair representation of the appropriate experts in curriculum planning.
-Any curriculum change should reflect national interest.
-Involvement of teachers in curriculum planning.
-Curriculum should only be change for the growth and development of a nation.
5. Example of sensitive or challenging curriculum policy in Nigeria, in socio-political and cultural context are:
A. Political interest of a particular area of Nigeria.
B. Gender inequality.
C. Cultural and religious interest, just like some groups in Nigeria are saying education is an abomination(Boko haram).