IMBORIVUNGU, T. EMMANUEL BSU/VTE/M.SC/12/3728
Post date: Mar 30, 2014 4:57:38 PM
1. Briefly mention three national issues that commonly prompt and shape changes in the curriculum and education systems;
2. Theories and Innovations in the educational system.
3. Science and technological growth/development.
4. Changes in National Police on Education.
2. Who are the various participants or stakeholders involved in education reform and curriculum change and their respective roles and interests in policy formulation?
1. The learner.
2. State/Federal Ministries of Education.
3. United Nations Education Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
3. What are potential problems and areas of conflict that may arise from formulation and implementation of changes in the curriculum?
1. Inadequate instructional materials.
2. Change in government.
3. Lack of proper funding.
4. Inadequate manpower.
5. Lack adequate facilities.
6. Government interferences.
7. Overpopulation students.
4. Suggest ways of managing / dealing with conflict and resistance as well as mobilizing popular support for on-going or proposed change in the curriculum?
1. The society, learner and teacher should be fully educated or informed of the need for the change in the curriculum.
2. Enough and qualify teachers should be recruited, provision must be made for training and retraining of those teachers.
3. Adequate remuneration and motivation should be giving to teachers.
4. Curriculum developers should very familiar with the needs of the society, the learner and the teacher.
5. Give examples of sensitive or challenging curriculum policy issues in Nigeria, in particular socio-political and cultural contexts.
1. Cultural beliefs.
2. Religious beliefs.
3. Political stand point.
4. The level of growth and development of the society.