HUNA CHARITY BSU/VTE/M.SC/11/3516
Post date: Mar 31, 2014 2:05:21 PM
1. The three national issues that commonly prompt and shape changes in curriculum and Educational system includes:
a. Scientific development
b. Technological development
c. Political system or growth and development in information and communication technology.
2. The various participants or stake holders involved in Education reforms and curriculum changes in their respective rolls, interest in policy formation are:
Teachers, students, academics, parents interested political officials, lay citizens, examination Bodies (WAEC, NECO, NBTEB etc) Ministry of Education, Professional Bodies like coren.
3. The potential problems and areas conflict that may arise from formulation implementation of changes in curriculum includes:
i. When the curriculum does not meet the objectives to which it is meant for.
ii. When the curriculum does not suit the learner
iii. When the curriculum does not meet the needs of the society.
v. Man power
vi. Inadequate facilities or equipment
4. Ways of managing/dealing with conflict and resistance as well as mobilizing popular support include:
a. Create awareness.
b. Bring learner/teacher/society concerned
c. Needs of the society should be taken care of.
5. Examples of sensitive or challenges of curriculum policy in Nigeria in particular should be:
i. Socio political and cultural contest
ii. Hindrance to religion (worship)
iii. Cost too high