AKOR, ALANJI EMMANUEL BSU/VTE/M.SC/12/3744
Post date: Mar 30, 2014 8:51:29 PM
1. The three national issues that shape changes in curriculum and educational systems are
i. Changes in the objectives of education emanating from changes in social values, beliefs, traditions etc
ii. Changes necessitated by feedback from curriculum evaluation.
iii. Changes in what is known about learning experiences.
2. The various participants or stakeholders involved in education reforms and curriculum changes and their respective roles in policy formulation are as follows:
iii. Curriculum developers
v. Interested political officers
3. The potential problems to curriculum change
i. Capabilities of the teachers to successfully effect the change.
ii. Lack of funds
iii. The health status of the school facilities
4. Ways of managing/dealing with conflict
i. Teachers should be change in refresher courses to update their knowledge.
ii. Government at all levels should appropriate funds from their annual budget for the purpose of curriculum change.
iii. School facilities should be improved to take care of changes that may arise in curriculum change.
5. Examples of sensitive challenging curriculum policy in Nigeria in particular; social-political and cultural context.
i. Political favoritism
ii. Cultural discrimination